A fresh probiotic rich substitute for tuna fish sandwiches made from an ingredient combination you have to taste to appreciate. This 'tuna' fish is made with sauerkraut, sunflower seeds, cashews, seaweed, and all the regular tuna fish fixings. The faint vinegar taste of sauerkraut is the perfect addition along with the seaweed that adds a fishy flavor!
Sauerkraut, Sunflower Seed, and Cashew ‘Tuna’ Fish [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- 1 teaspoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon nori
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Blend the cashews and sunflower seeds until fine. A small food processor, single serve blender or spice/coffee grinder is best for this small job.
- Add in the sauerkraut and pulse blend until it looks like chunky tuna. You can add the mayo in with the sauerkraut if it doesn't blend well.
- Hand mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve in between two pieces of bread.