Who would have ever thought that sauerkraut and lasagna would be the perfect combination? After trying this, you'll have a new favorite meal!
Sauerkraut Lasagna [Vegan]
- 1 cup of sauerkraut
- 2 onions
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2, 3 dashes of soy sauce
- Salt pepper
- (Gluten-free) lasagna sheets
- 25 1/3 ounces soy or oat milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ounces vegetable margarine or coconut oil
- 2 ounces gluten-free flour or normal wheat flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons (gluten-free) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 6 ounces water
For the Sauerkraut:
- The sauerkraut drain in a colander, the onion peel and coarsely chop. Cut the tofu into small cubes and fry in the heated oil and turning for 2, 3 minutes and drizzle with soy sauce . Now add the onions and sauerkraut to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper .
For the Bechamel Sauce:
- Melt the oil / margarine in a small saucepan, sprinkle in the flour while stirring and then pour in the milk. Now add the bay leaves to the saucepan and bring the sauce to a boil. Approx. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is nice and creamy. Finally, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and remove the bay leaves.
For the Yeast Melt:
- The coconut oil or margarine in a small pot melts and then with a whisk the flour into the mixture. Now add water, stir in the other ingredients and bring to the boil briefly. If the yeast melt is too thick, just add a little water.
- Now take a high casserole dish and cover the bottom with sauce, then a layer of lasagna, then a layer of sauerkraut and layer in the order until the ingredients are used up. Finally the yeast melt on top and everything in the oven at 400°F for approx. 45 min.