This oatmeal recipe is very creative and still so simple to make. The blend of flavors to create this delicious breakfast will make you happy you started your day with them!
Salted Lavender Fudge Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- Rounded 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 teaspoons (or 1 rounded tablespoons) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener, to taste
- Pinch of coarse salt (optional)
- Add plant-based milk and lavender buds to a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer for a couple minutes to allow the lavender to 'steep.'
- Add oats, chia seeds, and salt. Return to a simmer and stir occasionally.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, stir in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sweetener.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. If you want it salted, sprinkle on a generous pinch (or two) of coarse salt. Add whatever other toppings your heart desires, like shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, or nut butter.
You can make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the almond milk to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup. Add 1/4 – 1/3 cup grated or pureed zucchini to boost volume and nutrition.