Made with only five ingredients, this salted caramel ice cream is simple and easy. Just blend it up, freeze, and enjoy — no ice cream maker necessary. It has a rich and creamy coconut milk base that's swirled with salty date caramel. Enjoy a bowl of this for dessert or try a scoop on top of a berry crisp
5-Ingredient Salted Caramel Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 15-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw pecan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- If the dates are not soft, soak them in filtered water for 30 minutes and drain well before using in the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to package directions. Once it has finished, pour into a freezer-safe container with a lid, and freeze for about 4 hours or until firm enough to scoop.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker you may also freeze it. Pour the ice cream into a bowl and place in the freezer. Whisk once every 30 minutes, until it has frozen to the consistency of soft serve. Then, pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
- If the ice cream is too frozen, let sit out about 15-20 minutes before scooping.