These bars are so simple to make, have healthy fats, fiber, and that perfect sweet and salty combo. The addition of espresso adds plenty of rich, unique flavor. These bars are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or snacks.
Salted Almond Butter Espresso Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bars:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and more for topping
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- Line an 8x8-inch glass or ceramic dish with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients, minus the topping, to a bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Press mixture into prepared dish and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave at 10-15 second intervals.
- Stir in the espresso powder until dissolved.
- Remove bars from the freezer and drizzle chocolate over top. Allow chocolate to set. (This can be done in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process).
- Cut bars into squares or rectangles and store in the fridge or freezer.