One-pan roasted veggie salad topped with toasted hazelnuts and mulberries. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or side. Serve with a glass of red for fine dining! If you ‘re a fan of sheet pan meals, you’re going to love this one that comes together in less than an hour with some unexpected twists. Tender cauliflower, sweet winter squash, and caramelized red onion seasoned simply with fresh pine-y earthy rosemary. Pretty much winter in a nut shell.
Rosemary Roasted Cauliflower Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of cauliflower, any color, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1–2 teaspoons avocado oil
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- For serving: fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cut veggies and (optional) chickpeas on the first pan and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350°F. Add the hazelnuts and mulberries to the second sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. You’ll know when the hazelnuts are done because they will start to brown and crack. (NOTE: Alternatively, you can achieve the same result on the stovetop over medium heat for ~10 minutes, stirring often.)
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl lined with a clean dish towel or paper towel. cover the hazelnuts with the towel and rub back and forth several times to remove the skins.
- Transfer hazelnuts and mulberries to a cutting board and roughly chop, if desired.
- To assemble, plate the roasted veggies and top with toasted hazelnuts and mulberries, and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately with an optional glass of Bordeaux!
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 3-5 days.