Tender roasted veggies with a salty-fresh herb dressing.
Roasted Veggies With Cornichon-Caper Herb Drizzle [Vegan]
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bitesize pieces, stems included
- 4 golden beets, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large leeks or one bunch green onions, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons cornichons (baby pickles)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange cauliflower and beets on baking trays, keeping them separate. Drizzle with olive oil and a few pinches salt. Roast for ~35-40 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- While they roast, heat about 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, add leeks, and immediately reduce heat to simmer. Let cook 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat and drain. Set leeks aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients - plus 2 tbsp of your blanched leeks - in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- When beets and cauliflower are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Transfer beets to a bowl, add 3/4 of your sauce and remaining leeks, then toss to coat.
- Spread beets on a platter, top with cauliflower. Drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.