Oil-free roasted vegetables with coffee rub seasoning will wake up boring vegetable dishes and give your taste buds a serious jolt of flavor! The bold, savory, and spicy flavor of this homemade coffee dry rub will blow your mind.
Roasted Vegetables with Coffee Rub Seasoning [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Vegetables with Coffee Rub Seasoning [Vegan]
For the Coffee Rub Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee of choice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
For the Vegetables:
- 2–3 tablespoons of low-sodium veggie broth for drizzling over the veggies
- 1 large sweet potato, largely diced with skin on
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound of fingerling potatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into large chunks
How to Prepare Roasted Vegetables with Coffee Rub Seasoning [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prepare the coffee rub seasoning: In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash and chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and dry them off by pressing them with a paper towel. It’s important to choose vegetables that have similar cooking times to ensure even roasting. Keep in mind that harder vegetables like carrots and other root vegetables may require slightly longer cooking times.
- Season the vegetables: Place the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl and drizzle them with low-sodium vegetable broth or maple syrup with a little water. Gently toss to ensure all the veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle the coffee rub seasoning over the vegetables, making sure to cover each piece with a generous amount. Toss again to distribute the seasoning thoroughly.
- Arrange on a baking sheet: Spread the seasoned vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Arrange them in a single layer, ensuring they have enough space to roast without overcrowding. This allows the heat to circulate and ensures they cook evenly.
- Roast to perfection: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the vegetables for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly charred around the edges. Check on them occasionally and give them a gentle stir to prevent sticking.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the roasted veggies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Transfer them to a serving dish and garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, for an added touch of freshness. These coffee-rubbed roasted veggies are delicious as a side dish or can be enjoyed as a flavorful main course.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.