These vegetable tacos are the perfect, hand-held bites to satisfy your taco cravings. The roasted vegetables are tossed in a savory blend of herbs and then topped with a fiery queso sauce and fresh basil. Taco night just got a whole lot more interesting.
Roasted Vegetable Tacos With Spicy Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tacos:
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed, quartered
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Corn tortillas, toasted
For the Queso:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread cherry tomatoes, Port0bello mushrooms, and zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Toss them to coat and spread them in an even layer.
- Bake them for 10 minutes, then remove them from oven and toss them before returning them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the spicy cashew cheese by placing all ingredients in a food processor besides the olive oil.
- Process this for about 2 minutes and then drizzle in the olive oil while the processor is still going. Process it for another couple minutes until it’s smooth.
- Assemble the tacos by layering the roasted vegetables on a tortilla followed by spicy cashew cheese and basil.