Curry dishes are usually always enjoyable and so full of flavors. This roasted vegetable coconut curry quinoa dish is simple, delicious, and can be used as just a side dish, or as it's own main course! Throw your favorite vegan protein source in the mix, and give this recipe a try.
Roasted Vegetable Coconut Curry Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, stems and florets
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in matchsticks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk, regular or light
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup bok choy (kale or spinach work well too)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven for 375ºF.
- Mix together chopped broccoli and red pepper and lightly oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, mix together quinoa, water, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry, salt and pepper and bring it to boil. Once it has boiled, turn the heat to low and cover until quinoa has soaked up the liquid and it is light and fluffy.
- Mix your greens into the quinoa. The heat from the quinoa will wilt the greens just enough.
- Place quinoa on your plate and top with the roasted vegetables. If desired, top with your favorite protein.