This easy recipe will be your new staple salsa! The roasted flavor shines through and takes this to the next level.
Roasted Tomato, Black Bean and Corn Salsa [Vegan]
- 10 large tomatoes, cored
- 1 large onion
- 2 green peppers
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup corn
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, onion and peppers. Place on two baking sheets with garlic. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, fry the corn so that it gets the liquid removed. Keep moving them around with a spatula so they don't burn. Turn off heat and add black beans, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain the extra juice off of the pan and place vegetables in your food processor and pulse lightly ... Usually only for 10 seconds. A few good chunks are still nice! Add the hot vegetables to the corn and bean mixture.
- Now you have a couple options. One, fill your clean and sterilized mason jars and put them in the fridge or freezer. If you made a big gigantic batch, which I am known to do in peak harvest season, I will fill freezer bags and freeze the salsa that way. Either way ... enjoy the salsa!