If you love all things Brussels, you’re going to love this modern vegan Roasted Italian Brussels with arugula pistachio pesto! What’s fab about this recipe, is everything. It’s a quick and easy veggie packed sauce, features staple ingredients, texture, healthy fats, a gorgeous color, the dish can easily be made in bulk, and is perf for any season!
Roasted Italian Brussels with Arugula Pistachio Pesto [Vegan]
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup vegan parm
- 10 basil leaves (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural pistachios
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oilSalt/Pepper as needed
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts on a pan covered in parchment paper. Add olive oil to your hands and toss and coat the Brussels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, moving the Brussels around 15 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be dark brown.
- Toss and coat in the pesto sauce and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
- Sauce: While the Brussels are roasting throw the sauce together. Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth.