A simple meal can sometimes be the best. And this pasta is going to be your new favorite! Fresh tomatoes and garlic are roasted in olive oil and rosemary before being added to warm spaghettini (or thin spaghetti) and fresh basil. Then the whole thing is topped with toasted parmesan & garlic bread crumbs. Is your mouth watering yet?
Roasted Garlic Tomato Spaghettini With Garlic ‘Parmesan’ Bread Crumbs [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, separated
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 ounces spaghettini or thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, followed by bread crumbs, Parmesan, and garlic powder. Sauté until browned, stirring regularly so it doesn't burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine garlic, tomatoes, rosemary, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until tomatoes begin to blister and garlic softens).
- While tomatoes are cooking, add spaghettini to boiling water and cook until tender (8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta pot back on the stove over low heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add cooked pasta, tomato/garlic mixture and basil to the pot and stir to combine. Add pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste and add salt and pepper. Top with desired amount of toasted bread crumbs.