Dinner taking longer than usual? Need to whip up a quick snack to bring to a potluck? This crostini recipe is the perfect thing to keep on hand. The tahini garlic sauce and the caramelized pine nuts come together in a cinch, the mushrooms just need a quick sautéeing, and then you pile it all onto a crunchy piece of bread. Easy and delicious!
Roasted Garlic Tahini Crostini [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Garlic Tahini Crostini [Vegan]
For the Crostini:
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite bread
For the Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Caramelized Pine Nuts:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
How to Prepare Roasted Garlic Tahini Crostini [Vegan]
To Make the Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- Peel the garlic and carefully roast in a small saucepan. You can use a drop or two of olive oil.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Smash the garlic cloves and add to the sauce.
To Make the Crostini:
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Heat a large skillet with a bit of olive oil, briefly sauté the sliced mushrooms. For the extra topping, combine pine nuts and maple syrup in a small bowl and transfer to a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes at 390°F.
- Spread a good amount of the tahini sauce over the bread, add a spoonful of sautéed mushrooms, and top with pine nuts. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.