This late summer salad is chock full of fresh and in-season ingredients like radishes, celery, tomatoes, and of course, corn. A bit of small habanero is added to the corn for an extra zing to this salad. Drizzle it with tarragon dressing for a truly unique combination of flavors.
Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad With Tarragon Dressing [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 2 ears of corn
- 6 radishes
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of 1 small habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, for roasting corn
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove the husk from the corn by peeling it back and using a sharp knife, cut off the kernels as close as possible to the shaft so that you get the biggest kernels. This can get messy, so use either a plastic bag or a large bowl when cutting off the kernels so that they don't fly all around your kitchen.
- Spread out the corn on a sheet pan and mix well with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Chop the habanero finely and mix in with the corn. Roast for 20 minutes or until corn starts getting golden brown. Cool.
- Slice the radishes and celery finely, and slice the tomatoes in half. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Once corn is cooled off, add to bowl with the other vegetables.
To Make the Dressing:
- Chop the tarragon finely, mince the shallot and add to small bowl along with oil and mustard. Mix well until dressing is emulsified.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix very well. Add more salt and pepper as desired.