Cauliflower’s delicate flavor makes it an ideal canvas for a vibrant, fresh salad. This recipe roasts the florets from one head of cauliflower until caramelized and blitzed the core in the food processor to add for a contrasting grain-like texture. A lemon vinaigrette, parsley, and mint added brightness, and stirring in a sweet and savory mix of minced shallot and golden raisins adds depth to this dish. Coriander added herbal, citrusy flavor, and toasted almonds provided crunch.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Raisins and Almonds [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower (2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 475°F degrees. Trim outer leaves from cauliflower and cut stem flush with bottom of head. Flip cauliflower stem side up. Using kitchen shears, cut around stem and core to remove large florets. Chop core and set aside. Cut florets through stems into 1inch pieces (you should have about 6 cups florets).
- Toss florets, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in bowl. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet and roast until florets are tender and browned on bottoms, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While florets are roasting, combine raisins, shallot, lemon zest and juice, coriander, remaining 1/4 cup oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl; set aside.
- Transfer core to food processor and process until finely chopped, 10 to 20 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; transfer to bowl with dressing. Add parsley and mint to now empty processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, 5 to 7 pulses, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; transfer to bowl with dressing.
- Add florets and almonds to bowl with dressing mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.