In this Roasted Cauliflower Curry recipe, cauliflower florets are seasoned with a mixture of turmeric and salt then roasted until golden and tender. A dry masala mix is then cooked in an aromatic tomato curry, with an additional layer of spices. Lastly, the roasted cauliflower is stirred into the curry to coat it with all of the flavors. This impressive entrée is guaranteed to become a repeat in your household. Your family will be begging for more.
Roasted Cauliflower Curry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Cauliflower Curry [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
For the Masala:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 1/4-inch cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
For the Curry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 cups red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnishing
How to Prepare Roasted Cauliflower Curry [Vegan]
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven at 400°F and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased liner.
- In a small bowl, mix the turmeric and salt to rub the cauliflower florets. Make sure to coat each floret thoroughly.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking oil.
- Place the sheet into the middle rack of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until slightly golden.
To Make the Masala and Curry:
- While the cauliflower cooks, combine all the masala ingredients in the food processor and grind very smooth, with no lumps. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan and add the bay leaf and asafetida.
- Immediately add garlic and ginger powder, followed by chopped onions.
- Sauté the onions until translucent and add the tomatoes.
- Sauté them until tomatoes soften and loosen in texture.
- Now add the masala powder and sauté until cooked and aromatic. The masala should not burn or stick to the pan. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and mix very well. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and coconut milk. Mix very well and let it cook on low heat, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes, or until the milk is almost absorbed.
- Now add salt, sugar, garam masala, and water and mix. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Toss in the roasted cauliflower and divide the curry into dishes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm, with naan.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 915 | Total Carbs: 58 g | Total Fat: 66 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 635 g | Total Sugar: 22 g (Per Serving) Calories: 229 | Carbs: 15 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 159 g | Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.