Craving something sweet, creamy but healthy? Or maybe you’re looking for something wholesome to spread on your morning toast? If that’s the case, cashew nut butter is exactly what you need. Here’s what you need to make a half cup of roasted cashew nut butter!
Roasted Cashew Nut Butter [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- pinch of salt
- optional additions – vanilla powder, carob powder, cocoa powder, maple syrup
- Warm up the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking tray (best if you have a baking paper as well) and put them into the oven. Be very careful, they should be ready in 5 minutes or so. When they get lightly brown, take them out. It’s very easy to burn them so stick around the oven and keep an eye on them.
- Cool the roasted cashews and put them into a food processor. Add the salt and all other additional ingredients that you have.
- Now comes the fun part. It can take several minutes until the nuts get the butter consistency. Be very careful not to overheat your food processor. Start the blades. After few minutes the nuts should go into a thick paste and stick to the sides of the food processor. Scoop it down again and continue spinning the blades. At one point you could have a feeling of giving up, but the oil from the nuts will start to attach and slowly the thick paste will become more liquid. When it reaches a runny consistency, stop the blades and you’re done!