This is our favorite hummus at the moment. The taste of roasted carrots takes it to another level! Take it as a snack or with salads!
Roasted Carrot Hummus [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Carrot Hummus [Vegan]
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
How to Prepare Roasted Carrot Hummus [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces, put them on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of paprika. Bake for about 35 minutes minutes until the carrot is soft (add the clove of garlic in the last 10 minutes).
- Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- While they cool, prepare the hummus: rinse and drain well the chickpeas and place them in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until you see a well-combined mixture. Then add the carrots and the garlic and process again!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.