This is our favorite hummus at the moment. The taste of roasted carrots takes it to another level! Take it as a snack or with salads!
Roasted Carrot Hummus [Vegan]
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces, put them on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of paprika. Bake for about 35 minutes minutes until the carrot is soft (add the clove of garlic in the last 10 minutes).
- Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- While they cool, prepare the hummus: rinse and drain well the chickpeas and place them in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until you see a well-combined mixture. Then add the carrots and the garlic and process again!