You’re going to want to put tahini dressing on everything after you taste this recipe! The sugars in the carrots come out when they’re roasted, so this recipe is a little sweet, a little peppery, and a little crunchy.
Roasted Carrot and Lentil Salad with Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 3/4 cup (144 g) red or green lentils, rinsed
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (40 g) arugula
- Sliced almonds, for topping
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) tahini
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Put the lentils in a medium saucepan and cover with about 3 inches (7.5 cm) water. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Once cooked, drain any remaining water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the carrots on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the paprika, salt, and pepper and stir to coat. Spread out in a single layer and bake for 22 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway through. The carrots should be fork-tender and golden brown.
- Combine all the tahini dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well (or whisk together in a small bowl).
- Put the arugula in a serving bowl and top with the lentils, roasted carrots, and sliced almonds, then drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.