A deliciously bold salad full of crimson beetroot goodness, greens and healthy fats. Perfectly balanced meal that is full of nutritional benefits.
Roasted Beetroot, Broccoli and Green Bean Salad [Vegan]
- 31 3/4 ounces fresh beetroot - cleaned, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh rocket - or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup green beans - cleaned, rinsed and ends chopped off
- Broccoli - cleaned, rinsed and chopped into florets
- Pure-heat the oven to 430°F (Fan Forced).
- Clean, peel, rinse and chop all the vegetables.
- Using two sheets of aluminium foil, please one down on a baking tray and lay the beetroot cubes evenly so that all of them are touching the baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the beetroot cubes and toss until all are evenly coated.
- Place the second sheet of foil on top and gently curl up the edges to seal the beetroot. This drastically cuts down cooking time and it 'steams' in the heat trapped in the foil.
- Roast on 430°F (fan forced) or 30 mins. At the 30min mark, remove the tray - gently toss around the beetroot by picking up each corner of the foil bag to move the cubes inside around.
- Reduce the heat to 390°F (fan forced) and place back into the oven for a further 10 mins.
- At the further 10min mark, remove the top foil lid and roast for a further 10 mins uncovered to crisp up.
- At this point, bring some water to the boil in a pot steamer (or steamer of your choice) and lightly steam the green beans and broccoli for approximately 3-5 minutes - depending on how crisp you want them. Once cooked, remove from the steamer and allow to cool.
- On a large plate/serving platter arrange the salad leaves, place the steamed greens and walnuts evenly around the plate.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, place evenly on the salad and serve with your favourite salad dressing.