It's the start of squash season, and we suggest you explore more types of the fall veggie than just yellow squash and butternut! Acorn squash is deliciously sweet when roasted and makes for the perfect edible bowl. This recipe is amazingly easy to make and gives you the freedom to add in whatever beans and vegetables you like.
Roasted Acorn Squash With Curried Chickpea and Veggies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen veggies of your choice
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh greens (optional)
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Wash and cut your acorn squash. Scoop out all of the seeds. Place both halves of the squash in a baking pan. Coat with olive oil. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until edges of squash begin to brown.
- While the acorn squash is cooking, prepare your filling. Cook your veggies of choice and chickpeas to your liking.
- Once your veggies are done, place them in a bowl and add basil and curry powder, stir enough to distribute thoroughly.
- After acorn squash is finished, remove from oven and fill with your chickpea veggie mixture. You can serve this on a bed of greens and top with sunflower seeds or you can just eat it as is.