Looking for chimichurri? Try this red chimichurri recipe that is just as good or even better than authentic green chimichurri. Use it as sauce, marinade or dip.
Red Chimichurri Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Peel the onion and chop. Coarsely chop a stemmed, seeded pointed red pepper.
- Put in a blender. Crush the garlic in a pestle and mortar and add to the blender.
- Add all the spices, cilantro, parsley, and salt at once.
- Let the blender first pulse and then run until you have a fine sauce with the consistency of salsa.
- Ready to serve!