The wontons make a pretty, delicious appetizer drizzled with a herb dressing or served on a platter as an hors d'oeuvre. The original recipe, which I "veganized" came from Ida Davisen, of Restaurant Ida Davidsen in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Wontons with Cavi-art and Dill Filling [Vegan]
- Mix ingredients for the stuffing, cut the pastry into squares of about 4x4 inches.
- Place one spoonful of stuffing in the middle of the pastry square,
- Brush the edges of pastry with a little oil and close them. You can also tie a straw of chives around the top to keep it closed.
- Bake wontons on 350F until golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped chives or dill and vegan caviar.