Seaweeds are a great addition to a health promoting diet. Kelp, and other seaweeds, offer a rich source of vitamins and minerals including iodine, magnesium, and B vitamins. These nutrients are essential for a healthy thyroid, combatting stress, and helping the body detox from harmful toxins. Ways to incorporate seaweeds into your diet include adding them to soups, salads and substituting kelp noodles for grain based noodles. This recipe is quick, delicious and invigorating! You can serve it warm or cold, as a main or side dish. It offers protein, probiotics and antioxidants!
Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage, and Kelp Noodles With Miso Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2-3 main dish or 6 sides
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage, and Kelp Noodles With Miso Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups kelp noodles
- ¼ red cabbage (2 cups)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ cup sprouted beans (Mung beans or mixed beans will work)
- Big handful fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free miso
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup warm filtered water
How to Prepare Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage, and Kelp Noodles With Miso Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- If using non organic sweet potato, peel it. If using organic, you can leave the skin on but brush carefully under water. In a food processor, shred the sweet potato using the shredder blade.
- Shred the cabbage by using the slicer shredder (if you use the regular shredder, it will come out too fine). You can also use a hand shredder for the sweet potato and a knife to cut very thin strips of cabbage if you don’t have a food processor.
- You have the option to steam the vegetables for 3-4 minutes to make them softer, or you can leave them raw. I found the flavours marry together better when slightly steamed. When steaming, separate cabbage and sweet potato to avoid everything turning purple!
- Rinse the kelp noodles and give them a rough chop.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small blender and buzz until smooth, or simply whisk together in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and toss with miso dressing.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.