Some people might call this a salad this is on a different level of yumminess. Love preparing veggies in a not-salad way and you DO NOT need a spiralizer. Julienned veggies works or just spend a bit more time cutting really slim strips. It makes eating it a bit more fun. The peanut sauce is tangy, just like the pad thai you order for take out. This pad thai will have you feeling satisfied but not nearly as lethargic as its cooked counterpart. Rawesome.
Raw Twisted Pad Thai With Spicy Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pad Thai:
- 1/2 medium zucchini (spiralized or julienned)
- 1 medium carrot (spiralized or julienned)
- 2 medium asparagus stalks (julienned - optional)
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 small green onions, chopped
- 3.5 ounces firm tofu, sliced (or better is smoked)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons raw peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 date
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- A pinch pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil raw, cold pressed
- Prepare all your vegetables and throw them into a big bowl, toss them well with the sesame seeds.
- In a food processor, blend all the sauce ingredients together and pour over your salad.
- Mix your pad thai well together, adjust any flavors as you like.
Only the sauce is 100 percent raw, you can sub the tofu for the same amount of uncooked edamame if you wish the final dish to be truly raw.