It's milk's favorite cookies turned raw, vegan, and much healthier! Plus, they're pretty, too, thanks to all-natural food coloring. Activated charcoal, spirulina, and golden algae create a gorgeous spectrum of colors, but feel free to get creative and make the fillings in your favorite color.
Raw Rainbow Oreos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Oreos:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups soft dates
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Coconut Filling:
- First process all the ingredients for the cookies in a food processor.
- When you have a firm and sticky dough roll it out on a parchment paper to be about 1/4-inch thick. Cut out your cookies in your desired size.
- Either let the cookies sit in a refrigerator overnight for a soft version or put in dehydrator for at least 3 hours.
- In a blender combine all the icing ingredients.
- Separate and dye if you want to (see my note)
- Fill two cookies with about 1/3-inch thick layer, depending on your cookie size.
If you want colorul Oreos, use charcoal for black, golden algae for yellow, and homemade spirulina for blue.