Ever wish you could taste the rainbow? With this raw rainbow cheesecake, you can! When you slice in, you will find a rainbow of colors and natural, fruity, and delicious flavors begging to be devoured. This is a fun weekend project for when you have a bit more time. Once it comes together, you’ll see that it is absolutely worth the wait. This raw rainbow cheesecake will impress everyone who sees and tastes it!
Raw Rainbow Chakra Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds (or preferred nut/seed)
- 3/4 cup soft, pitted Medjool dates
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
For the Key Lime Cheesecake Base:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked until soft, then drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk from a can
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (coconut butter for oil-free)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or your favorite liquid sweetener
For the Colors:
- 1/2 cup cheesecake plus 3/4 cup strawberries, for red
- 1/2 cup cheesecake, 1/2 cup papaya, and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, for orange
- 1/2 cup cheesecake, 1/2 a mango or banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, and zest of 1 lemon, for yellow
- 1/2 cup cheesecake, 2 bananas, and 2 teaspoons spirulina, for green
- 1/2 cup cheesecake and 1 1/4 cups blueberries, for purple (reserve 1/2 cup of this color)
- 1/2 cup blue cheesecake plus 3/4 cup blackberries, for indigo
- 1/2 cup cheesecake, 1 banana, and 2 blackberries (more as needed), for violet
To Make the Crust:
- Combine ingredients in your food processor until sticky. Get your 8-inch springform pan ready. Spray the sides and line the base with a circle of parchment paper. You could also use an 8x8-inch loaf pan or 12 silicone cupcake liners. Press the dough for the base into preferred mold, then set in the freezer.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend cheesecake base until excessively whipped and smooth, then set aside.
- Make one color at a time, start with red and finish with violet. For the red, add the ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth. Pour on top of the crust, spread it out evenly and swirl or shake to settle. Freeze until firm or tacky, about 30-60 minutes.
- Wash the food processor and once the red layer is tacky, make the orange and pour on top. Repeat until done.
- Freeze until firm 6-8 hours, easily done overnight. Remove, decorate, thaw as desired, and serve.