Looking for a healthier pumpkin treat? These raw pumpkin bars are made from dates, soaked cashews, and pumpkin puree and are absolutely delicious. The perfect lunchtime snack or after dinner dessert!
Raw Pumpkin Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews*
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- Drizzle of melted chocolate
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine bottom layer ingredients (dates, pecans, walnuts, coconut, syrup) together in a food processor and pulse for at least 30 seconds until everything is mixed together.
- Transfer mixture to dish and use a spatula to flatten it out. Place dish in refrigerator.
- For the top layer, combine cashews and water together in a blender and pulse until cashews form a creamy texture.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add pumpkin, cinnamon and syrup and stir either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Pour over top of bottom layer, add toppings if you wish and allow at least 30 minutes for bars to harden.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
*Ideally, cashews should be soaked for at least six hours. **Bars hold up best when stored in the refrigerator.