This tart will make a stunning presentation on dessert table! Raw goodness and better yet, it's perfect to make for any holiday!
Raw Pear Tart [Vegan]
For the Tart:
- 2-3 medium sized pears (I used Bosc)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup almond flour
For the Cashew Pastry Cream:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pitted dates
- Pulse all the crust ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and sticking together.
- Press into the bottom of the tart tin.
- Place the cashew cream ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell and smooth the cream out evenly.
- Slice the pears in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then slice them thinly, crosswise.
- Arrange the pears in a decorative fashion, starting at the outside of the tart and working your way in.
- Drizzle with some fresh lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving, overnight is best. But it won’t stay fresh for too long in the refrigerator so plan on eating it up within a day!
- GENTLY unmold the pie out of the tin. It is a little fragile.