This recipe takes cake pops to a whole new level! These adorable bites look exactly like baby ice cream cones, but you don't have to worry about them melting all over your hands. The raw orange-infused truffles are bright and citrusy- just what you want from a summertime snack.
Raw Orange Ice Cream Cake Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cake Pop Truffles:
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
For Ice Cream Pop Assembly:
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of white chocolate + 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Pink food coloring (optional)
- Vegan ice cream cones
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and cut down some ice cream cones to make mini cones.
- Drain the cashew nuts and add them into a food processor along with the coconut flour, water, maple syrup, orange extract, and orange zest. Whiz up until crumbly dough forms and you can roll it into a ball.
- Wet your hands and roll the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined tray. Pop them into the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate and add in the coconut oil and pink food coloring.
- Dip the top of the cone in and pop on a truffle. For extra support, dunk the truffle into the chocolate then place onto the cone. Repeat for all of the cake pops.
- Carefully roll the cake pops into the melted chocolate to coat and top off with sprinkles. Then place them upright and back into the freezer.
Cut little holes in a cardboard box as a makeshift stand if you don't have one, works just as well!