This faux rice dish is a healthy substitute for when you want the texture of rice without the carbs. Celeriac and garlic make up the base of this side with walnut butter added for richness and nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor. Thyme is also included for savory measure and hemp seeds for added protein and healthy oils.
Raw Mushroom Kale Rice [Vegan]
- 3 cups celeriac, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons walnut butter, whisked together with 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 12 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- Pulse the celeriac in a food processor until you have small pieces like rice. Combine with all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well. Serve at room temperature.