While mashing mushrooms and making them into a meaty patty is always a solid dinner choice, turning portobello mushroom caps into burger buns is an equally delicious option! If the latter sounded enticing to you, you're going to want to try this raw mushroom burger. In addition to the mushroom buns, this burger is smeared with creamy cashew cheese and adorned with a fresh tomato, onion, and parsley. Cook up some sweet potato fries and dig in!
Raw Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 baby leek, or 1 spring onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Peel and de-stem the mushrooms, then massage each cap with soy sauce.
- Place in the dehydrator for 3 hours.
- Dice the tomato and finely slice the leek.
- Combine tomato and leek with parsley in a small bowl.
- Remove the mushrooms from dehydrator and spread the cashew cheese on the underside of each mushroom.
- Add salad to 4 mushrooms, and top with the remaining mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.