This is a nice, dense, raw cupcake with a gooey chocolate center. What's not to love about that? Top it with some fresh, seasonal fruit and you have a healthful treat.
Raw Molten Cupcakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 4 dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder + 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the almonds until they are coarsely chopped. Add the dates and one tablespoon of the cacao powder. This will come together into a crumbly but sticky pie crust like texture.
- Stir together the agave, remaining cacao powder, and coconut oil.
- Use half the crumbly mix and press into the bottom and up the sides of a cupcake tin or similar container (I used a small teacup), leaving a well at the center.
- Spoon the agave, cacao, coconut oil mixture into the center well and cover gently with a layer of the remaining crumbly mix and press to seal at the edges.
- To serve, heat for a half hour in a dehydrator, and the gooey chocolate center will be warm enough to be “molten.” Top with a tablespoon of any sweetened almond cream and strawberries, if desired.