This matcha cheesecake may look impressive, but it's incredibly easy to make – we won't tell if you don't. Its date and pistachio crust is topped with a luxurious matcha and lime cheesecake filling. Garnish with a few limes, if you're feeling really fancy.
Raw Matcha Lime Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup pistachios (or use any other nuts/seeds you prefer)
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours or longer
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 2 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Add all crust ingredients to the food processor and process them until you get a fine crumble.
- Line a 4-inch springform pan with parchment paper and press the mixture down onto it. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Rinse and drain the cashews, then add them to the food processor with the rest of filling ingredients, except for coconut oil.
- Process until smooth, then add coconut oil and process everything some more to combine them.
- Pour the filling over crust and place it back in the freezer. Freeze this for about 2 hours for the filling to firm up.