Raw dessert made easy! The crust of these cupcakes is a mix of almonds, sunflower seeds, and Medjool dates. The divinely creamy mango filling is a mix of mango, fresh turmeric, fresh ginger, lime, and creamed coconut. If your mango is very sweet you can omit the maple syrup if you like as it’ll be sweet enough.
Raw Mango Cupcakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the Mango Cream:
- 1 cup creamed coconut/coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 large mango
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place almonds and sunflower seeds into a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse a few times until they have broken down into a coarse texture. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the mixture comes together.
- Divide the mix evenly into 8 cupcake holes, spread onto the base and press tightly down. Set aside.
- In a small pot gently melt creamed coconut, coconut oil, and maple syrup stirring frequently. Set aside and leave to cool down for a bit while preparing the mango.
- Peel mango, turmeric, and ginger and place into a blender with lime juice and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Stir into the melted, but slightly cooled creamed coconut and mix well. Spoon the mixture onto the crust layer and smooth out evenly.
- Place into a freezer until set and the top feels firm.
- Once set leave on the counter for a bit and then run a sharp knife carefully around the edges to release the cupcakes from the tin.
Store in a refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.