This raw cream pie is definitely on the unique side. With a gingery crust, velvety coconut cream, kiwi slices and strawberries piled high, and a strawberry caramel sauce, you've never had a pie like this one! Best part is, despite how decadent it looks, this dessert comes together fairly quickly.
Raw Lemon Kiwi Cream Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Lemon Kiwi Cream Pie [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cans coconut cream
- Juice from 2 golden kiwis
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sunflower butter
For the Caramel:
- 5 dates, soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water for 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup date soaking water
- 6-7 strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons water
For the Topping:
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced golden kiwis
How to Prepare Raw Lemon Kiwi Cream Pie [Vegan]
To Make the Base:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until the ingredients come together into a clump.
- Once ready, take out of the processor bowl and press into the bottom of a 5 or 7-inch pan.
- Place the pan with the dough in the refrigerator to set.
To Make the Filling:
- Add the coconut cream, kiwi juice, lemon rind, stevia, and sunflower butter to a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer, whip until peaks form. Do not overwhip as the mixture will turn liquidy.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm and base is fully set.
To Make the Caramel:
- Add the dates, soaking water, coconut milk, and strawberries to a small pot and heat over medium heat until the strawberries have cooked down and the mixture has reduced down and thickened.
- Once the mixture is thickened, pour into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add additional water if it is too thick to pour over the pie.
- Scoop the filling onto the base, piling it up high in the middle. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top with sliced strawberries and kiwis, drizzle with caramel, and then finish off with crushed pistachios.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.