This raw cream pie is definitely on the unique side. With a gingery crust, velvety coconut cream, kiwi slices and strawberries piled high, and a strawberry caramel sauce, you've never had a pie like this one! Best part is, despite how decadent it looks, this dessert comes together fairly quickly.
Raw Lemon Kiwi Cream Pie [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cans coconut cream
- Juice from 2 golden kiwis
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sunflower butter
For the Caramel:
- 5 dates, soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water for 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup date soaking water
- 6-7 strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons water
For the Topping:
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced golden kiwis
To Make the Base:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until the ingredients come together into a clump.
- Once ready, take out of the processor bowl and press into the bottom of a 5 or 7-inch pan.
- Place the pan with the dough in the refrigerator to set.
To Make the Filling:
- Add the coconut cream, kiwi juice, lemon rind, stevia, and sunflower butter to a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer, whip until peaks form. Do not overwhip as the mixture will turn liquidy.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm and base is fully set.
To Make the Caramel:
- Add the dates, soaking water, coconut milk, and strawberries to a small pot and heat over medium heat until the strawberries have cooked down and the mixture has reduced down and thickened.
- Once the mixture is thickened, pour into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add additional water if it is too thick to pour over the pie.
- Scoop the filling onto the base, piling it up high in the middle. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top with sliced strawberries and kiwis, drizzle with caramel, and then finish off with crushed pistachios.