This dish tastes like a lighter version of a key lime pie...plus lavender! It's not too sweet, with the crust adding a delicious crunchy texture to every creamy bite. This whole pie only lasted two days in our house! We adapted the recipe from This Rawsome Vegan Life.
Raw Lavender Lemon Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cup mixed almonds and cashews
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons dried lavender 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Line a cake pan or pie tin with non-stick or waxed paper. Press mixture into the sides and bottom of pan.
- Refrigerate to set, about one hour.
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Then taste test...with a very large spoon. Because seriously, this stuff is HEAVEN. It is awesome, it is delicious, and I don't feel guilty overeating it.
- Pour batter into set crust and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before removing from wax paper and serving!
- Sit one can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Being careful not to tip or jostle the can, remove the thick white stuff from the top half of the can, leaving the clear liquid left at the bottom.
- Put this thick white stuff into a mixing bowl with the sugar and vanilla.
- Mix with hand beaters...and mix, mix, mix! Mix until all mixture become light, airy, fluffy and whipped cream looking! Enjoy!