This key lime is the ultimate treat! It's raw, contains few ingredients , healthy, and delicious!
Raw Key Lime Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted medjool dates
- 1/5 cup water
For the Filling:
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 1 cup of agave syrup
- The juice of 5 large limes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- Lime zest and slices to garnish
- In a food processor place the crust ingredients and blend until fine sticky crumbles form
- Line a cake tin (ideally one with a spring side as shown above) with parchment paper.
- Press the crust into the cake tin.
- Clean the food processor and add the avocados. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Add the syrup, lime juice, salt and vanilla and blend again.
- While the food processor is on add the melted coconut oil.
- Pour the filling over the crust and then place into the fridge to set for several hours
- Garnish with lime zest and slices and enjoy!