Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Besides, this amazing plant is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins C and K, which help reduce inflammation. So this salad is not only delicious, but also ridiculously healthy!
Raw Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Kale Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad
- 2 cups green kale, stems removed, cut into 1"-3" long 1/2" julienne strips
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, cut into 1"-3" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 3/4 cup carrots, cut into 1"-3" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into 1/2"-1" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 2 tablespoons whole raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole raw flax seeds
- Dash of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Mustard Vinaigrette
For the Apple Cider Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
How to Prepare Raw Kale Salad [Vegan]
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Place kale in a medium bowl, add a dash of oil and pinch of salt and gently massage with your hands. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette. Place the vinegar and mustard in a mixing bowl and stir well. Slowly add the oil until incorporated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and 1/2 cup vinaigrette to the kale bowl. Toss the salad well until completely coated and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.