Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Besides, this amazing plant is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins C and K, which help reduce inflammation. So this salad is not only delicious, but also ridiculously healthy!
Raw Kale Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad
- 2 cups green kale, stems removed, cut into 1"-3" long 1/2" julienne strips
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, cut into 1"-3" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 3/4 cup carrots, cut into 1"-3" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into 1/2"-1" long, 1/8" julienne strips or shredded on a mandoline slicer
- 2 tablespoons whole raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole raw flax seeds
- Dash of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Mustard Vinaigrette
For the Apple Cider Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Place kale in a medium bowl, add a dash of oil and pinch of salt and gently massage with your hands. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette. Place the vinegar and mustard in a mixing bowl and stir well. Slowly add the oil until incorporated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and 1/2 cup vinaigrette to the kale bowl. Toss the salad well until completely coated and serve.