All the wonderful holiday spices of gingerbread are incorporated into this cheesecake! If you are looking for an innovative holiday dessert, you've got to check out this one. The base of the cheesecake is made out of oats, dates, and cashews. The dessert gets its creaminess from the addition of avocado and is naturally sweetened by dates and bananas.
Raw Gingerbread Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons oats
- 4.3 ounces pitted dates
- 1/5 cup water
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean powder
- 1-inch piece of ginger
For the Cream Layer:
- 1 2/5 cups cashews, soaked (a couple of hours should be enough, overnight is optimal)
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 spotty banana
- 2 tablespoons gingerbread spice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 spotty bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 Medjool date
- Add oats and spices to your high speed blender and blend until you get a fine consistency like flour.
- Peel your carrot, cut it in chunks and blend together with the oat flour.
- Gradually add in dates and water.
- Brush out the prepared pan with melted coconut oil.
- Arrange the blended mixture evenly with a spoon or with your fingers.
- To make the cream layer, blend all ingredients until smooth. Add a little water if necessary.
- Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust and spread evenly.
- Place the ingredients for the chocolate layer in your high speed blender and pulse until smooth.
- Top the second layer with the chocolate mixture and spread carefully with a spoon.
- Sprinkle cacao powder on top and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Take it out 1 hour before serving.