These chocolate brownies have the perfect gooeyness and have a subtle crunch. And the only thing that can make a perfect chocolate brownie better, is a generous layer frosting. Plus, these raw frosted chocolate brownies are (of course) way faster to make than baked chocolate brownies.
Raw Frosted Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract powder
- 1/4 cup pure date syrup (maple syrup is also an option)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
To Make the Brownies:
- Combine the Medjool dates, walnuts, cashew nuts, 6 tablespoons of cacao powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 ½ tablespoons water in a food processor. Process until completely smooth.
- Line a dish with parchment baking paper. Transfer mixture to a dish. Press it very firmly into a dish with your hands until the mixture is even.
To Make the Frosting:
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cacao powder, remaining vanilla, the date syrup and coconut oil.
- Stir this until the mixture forms a paste.
- Spread paste evenly over the brownies in the baking dish.
- Freeze the brownies with frosting for at least 2 hours to set, then cut them into squares.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 10 days, or freeze them for up to 6 weeks.