These raw coconut chips are pretty good for you and impossible to stop eating. The desiccated coconut is soaked in a mixture of cocoa, Chaga powder, vanilla, and salt. They store well and take very little prep time so you can keep them around the house for whenever you want a snack.
Raw Dark Chocolate Coconut Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups large coconut ribbons
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar, or any other liquid sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaga mushroom powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or liquid vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
Soak your desiccated coconut for 4 hours or overnight.
Strain coconut the in a fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth or nut milk bag and place it in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, mix cacao powder, lucuma, vanilla, chaga, and salt and mix this until combined.
Add liquid sweetener to dry mixture and mix until well combined.
Add mixture to the large bowl with coconut and mix well. (I use my hands)
Spread the mixture evenly on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 18-24 hours. You can also bake them at 300°F for 8-9 minutes.