Chutney is a traditional Indian side dish, meaning that it is ideally served alongside Indian-inspired dishes. However, this raw cranberry chutney is great as a side for roasted vegetables, on sandwiches, or even as a dip. It's raw, so it also helps you get the maximum benefit of cranberries!
Raw Cranberry Chutney [Vegan]
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Optional: 1 deseeded jalapeno, finely minced
- Rinse and strain the cranberries. Pour onto a clean kitchen towel and pick out any soft cranberries.
- Add the fresh cranberries into a food processor. If adding the jalapeno, do so now. Process until finely minced. Be careful not to process it too much, because then it will become too soggy.
- Spoon into a large bowl and mix with orange juice, zest, and maple syrup. Season with a pinch or two of sea salt.
- Store in a glass jar for up to one week.