This recipe will give you a beautiful dessert that is as healthy as it is delicious. The coconut matcha base provides a creamy, nutritious foundations for the dish while the decadent layer of chocolate frosting makes it into a treat.
Raw Coconut, Matcha and Chocolate Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
For the Matcha Coconut Base:
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries
- Grease and line an 1-inch round, shallow cake tin with greaseproof paper, making sure it hangs over to help you lift out you treat later.
- For the base, mix together the desiccated coconut, coconut flour, and the matcha powder in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, tahini, and maple syrup on a low heat. Leave it to cool slightly before you add the dry ingredients, along with the vanilla to the mix. Blend the mixture well so that all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Tip this into your prepared tin and spread it out evenly.
- Place it in the fridge to harden for at least one hour.
- For the chocolate topping, gently melt the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Then, remove them from the heat whisk in the cacao powder until smooth, glossy sauce has formed.
- Remove your firmed up coconut base and pour the chocolate sauce over it evenly to cover.
- Quickly scatter over your toppings before the chocolate starts to set, then return it to the fridge for at least one hour to allow the chocolate to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the tin from the fridge and carefully run a sharp knife around the edge. Use the overhanging baking paper to lift out your confection and place it on a chopping board.
- Cut into six to eight generous slices.