If you're an avocado lover, you might have a hard time imagining using your green beauties for anything other than a delicious savory dessert. However, we assure you this raw chocolate cheesecake is worth it! Avocado lends this dessert a velvety smoothness and raw cacao powder gives it a deep chocolatey flavor. Yum!
Raw Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
5 mini cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 small avocados
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until roughly chopped. Add the dates and melted coconut oil and it should come together.
- Spoon the mixture into mini tart cases or ramekin dishes and refrigerate while you make the chocolate mixture.
- Wash up your food processor, scoop out the avocados, and blend until creamy.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut oil, and agave nectar, and blend until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Remove the almond bases from the refrigerator and evenly distribute your avocado chocolate mixture. Place in the refrigerator to set the filling.