What if I mix almonds and cauliflower? Mmmm, yummy! It turned out creamy and rich in flavors. It is the perfect winter time cozy warm lunch. So, so good!
Raw Cauliflower Creme Soup [Vegan]
- one small cauliflower head
- 200 gr. raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- fresh rucola for garnishing
- Cut the cauliflower and the carrots into thin slices
- Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145 F
- And 6 more hours at 115 F
- Soak the almonds overnight and then peel them*
- Blend the almonds, the cauliflower, the coconut oil and the water until nice and creamy. Add only 4 cups of water at the beginning and add more later if needed.
- While the food processor is on, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream
- Add the spices and taste to achieve the desired flavor
- Garnish with dried carrots and fresh greens
- Serve with some of the peeled almonds for a crunchy touch.
Tip for peeling the almonds: Just rub each almond between your fingers, easiest way is to rub it between your thumb and index finger and the skin will come off. The almonds need to be soaked overnight to do that.