No baking required for this delicious and healthy Raw Carrot Cake with Cashew “Cream Cheese” Frosting. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! This cake is moist, crunchy, sweet, and perfectly spiced.
Raw Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cake:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (SHOP[/b[)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats (SHOP)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (SHOP)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (SHOP)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3 1/2 oz pitted Medjool dates, about 11
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange (zest and 1/3 cup juice)
For the Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, soaking in hot water for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a springform pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a food processor, add cashews, shredded coconut, oats, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and orange zest.
- Process until fine texture. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in chopped walnuts.
- Add grated carrots, dates, and melted coconut oil to the food processor. Pulse until chopped. Add carrots to cashew/oat mixture along with orange juice. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the cake is chilled, remove from pan and cover with cashew “cream cheese” frosting. Dust lightly with cinnamon and top with chopped walnut, and shredded coconut, if desired.
- To make the frosting, add drained cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla to blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.