This raw barbecue mango meat is crisp on the outside, spicy and sweet — you'll want to snack on it all day long. Mango is mixed with bold spices and dehydrated until a meaty texture is achieved, making it perfect for kebabs with grilled vegetables The trick to the perfect mango meat is to use somewhat unripened mangos, so they are slightly firm to touch, and not as sweet.
Raw BBQ Mango Meat [Vegan]
- 1 unripe mango
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder; or chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika; or smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin; seed or powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
To Make the BBQ Mango Meat:
- Peel the mango.
- Cut the mango into cubes and mix together with spices.
- Spread the mango chunks out on a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 115°F for 1-2 hours, or until the outside is crispy.
To Make the BBQ Mango Jerky:
- Cut the mango into long strips, mix with the spices, and dehydrate at 115°F for 1-2 days, until completely dry.