These little cheesecakes start with a crust of almonds and dates, sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup. It’s then topped with a rich and creamy layer of cashew and baobab and a layer of cashew, baobab, and strawberries. They're soft, creamy, and because they're stored in the freezer, you can choose to let them thaw completely, or to enjoy them while still slightly frozen for a cool treat on warm days.
Raw Baobab Strawberry Cheesecake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Baobab Strawberry Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 2/5 cups cashews, soaked over night and drained
- 2/5 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons baobab powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded vanilla
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup strawberries, frozen or fresh
For the Topping:
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs, nuts, or fruit
How to Prepare Raw Baobab Strawberry Cheesecake [Vegan]
- In a high-speed blender combine all the ingredients for the base until you have a sticky bulk. Line your pan(s) with parchment paper and distribute your base on the bottom, then set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling, except the strawberries, to the blender, and mix until smooth. Transfer about 2/3 of the filling on top of the crust in your pan(s). Let it set for about 50 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining filling and blend again. Pour on the now solidified first layer and sprinkle with the cashew cacao nibs mix. Freeze again for about 50 more minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and let it thaw until it’s starting to soften again. This should take about 15 minutes. Of course you can keep it in the freezer for longer, just remember that it will take longer to thaw then.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.